Chess Tournament will be held on Wednesday 7 September in The James Centre. An Expression of Interest (EOI) has been sent out via SMS to chess participants please click I ALLOW or I DECLINE before Thursday 1 September.
Details are as follows:
- Chess Tournament in the James Centre
- 07 September 2022
- Sausage Sizzle for Participating Students
- Tournament (3.15pm – 4.45pm)
- Junior rotation (Years 1-3)
- Senior rotation (Years 4-6)
- Presentations held at 4.30pm
The tournament is open to all students who have participated in chess classes during Term 3.
Any queries please contact email@example.com.
Term 4 Chess Program
Week 2 (10 October) to Week 9 (2 December).
Monday, Thursday and Friday chess classes are an 8 week program, cost $70.00 this term.
Junior Chess Program - Year 1 to Year 3
- Monday 7.30 – 8.30 am from Monday 10 October for 8 weeks finishing on Monday 28 November
- Thursday 7.30 – 8.30 am from Thursday 13 October for 8 weeks finishing on Thursday 1 December
- Friday 7.30 – 8.30 am from Friday 14 October for 8 weeks finishing on Friday 2 December.
Senior Chess Program - Year 4 to Year 6
- Monday 3.15 pm – 4.15 pm from Monday 10 October for 8 weeks finishing on Monday 28 November
- Friday 3.15 pm – 4.15 pm from Friday 14 October for 8 weeks finishing on Friday 2 December.
Term 4 invoices will be issued on 14 October to all current Chess students. Payment is due by Friday 28 October. Full payment will be required before your child can commence classes.
If your child does not wish to participate or you wish to add or change a day please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Chess and Senior Chess classes
At Broadbeach State School we conduct an extra-curricular Chess program.
Classes are tutored by either Toby Davies or Michael Goodman with a teacher aide supervising. Classes are offered on the above days and times.
Chess is one of the most interesting sports because it never repeats itself, there are never two equal matches, and it never bores you. You can even play it online! Playing chess is fun, and teaches planning and foresight.
Chess has the following positive benefits:
- Increases problem-solving skills
- Improves spatial skills
- Improves memory
- Exercises both sides of the brain
- Increases creativity
- Improves concentration