To ensure our attendance data is accurate, we require parents to communicate the reason/s for student/s absence. If your child is absent, your options are:
- advise through the QParents App on your phone, OR
- phone the school absence line 5570 8444 and select option #1, OR
- respond to the school SMS on the same day of the absence, providing a reason.
Each week, a follow up SMS is sent to families who have not registered their child's absence. This is a lengthy process. Please assist us in minimising the chasing for information by checking if your child has any unexplained absences by:
- Logging into QParents and scroll to the bottom of the screen. Click View Student.
- Scroll to Attendance and click View Attendance History.
- Scroll to the bottom of Attendance History. Any unexplained absences will be highlighted and require an explanation for that absence.
Should you require further information or support for signing up for QParents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day counts
Being at school every day counts. If your child is absent one day per week, this quickly adds up to two months of missed school in a year.
Every day counts is an initiative aiming to improve attendance at school. The initiative promotes four key messages:
- all children should be enrolled at school and attend on every school day
- schools should monitor, communicate and implement strategies to improve regular school attendance
- truanting can place a student in unsafe situations and impact on their future employability and life choices
- attendance at school is the responsibility of everyone in the community.
Find out more about the
Every day counts initiative from Education Queensland.