At Broadbeach State School our school rules are:
It is appreciated that, from time to time, children will be absent from school due to illness or the need to travel to other towns for various activities. As these absences can affect the teachers’ programming for the day, it would be appreciated if you could advise the teacher concerned as to when and for how long your child will be absent from school. If you anticipate an absence of one week or more, you need to seek the principal’s approval by informing the office or principal directly in writing. If your child is absent for more than three days, due to illness, a medical certificate is required.
To confirm any absence please either send a note to your child’s class teacher upon return or call the office of the day of the absence stating the reason for the absence.
Sun protection policy
The school adopts a “no hat – no play” policy to sun protection. Children are required to wear a good protection hat when outside at anytime. A school hat is available to be purchased from the tuckshop. This applies during outdoor lessons and playtime. All hats are to be labelled and kept in each child’s school bag. Hats may be laundered at parent’s discretion. Sun block is also available for students to apply before outside activities.
Should your child require medication whilst at school we need to follow the following procedures to ensure that any medicine is administered safely and correctly:
- Parents must notify the school in writing of any health condition requiring medication at school.
- A medication permission form is available at the office for parents to complete if school staff are required to administer medication or assist in the management of a health condition.
- The school needs to be notified in writing of any requests and/or guidelines from medical practitioners including potential side effects or adverse reactions.
- All medication to be administered must be provided in the original labelled container.
- Ensure that medication is not out of date and has an original pharmacy label with the students name, dosage and time to be taken.
- The school must be notified in writing of any change to the dosage required; a letter must accompany this from a medical practitioner. Medication is never to be left in student’s bags. Parents must deliver this to the office.
These requirements are for the safety of all our students.
medication permission emergency form (PDF, 464 KB).
medication permission daily form