Why a Year 6 camp at QCCC Tamborine?
Due to COVID restrictions, the Year 6 Camp has been rescheduled to a more local venue within Queensland. Although a different venue the camp continues to actively promote a broad curriculum which meets academic, social, physical, cultural and spiritual needs. The camping program is considered a valuable component of student studies in that it:
· Promotes independence and personal development
· Engages students in new experiences which may become future sporting or leisure pursuits
· Promotes the development of healthy social and emotional relationships
· Encourages problem solving and initiative
· Integrates and extends on school based learning in Health and Physical Education
· Explores and develops leadership skills
Invoices have been released for our Year 6 Camp (Monday 30 November - Wednesday 2 December). Deposits are due by Thursday 17 September.
Please note that due to the cancellation of the Ainsworth Camp and Canberra many parents have a credit balance which may be sufficient to cover the deposit and/or the full amount.
Student Finance issued debtor statements last week to advise parents as to any credit balances. Credits will be automatically applied - as such you need only to pay the difference between your credit balance and the invoice. Please note, due to COVID-19 we are only accepting BPoint payments.
Year 6 Camp Brochure