Year 5 Camp - Bestbrook Mountain Resort
- Camp 1 Monday 24 May - Wednesday 26 May
- Camp 2 Wednesday 26 May - Friday 28 May
Year 5 Camp Bestbrook Mountain Resort brochure
Packing lists, medical forms and permission forms will be released closer to the event.
Invoices were issued to nominated email accounts on Thursday 25 March. In order to secure your child's position a non-refundable deposit is due by Thursday 22 April with the balance due by Thursday 13 May. Please note invoices have not been issued if there are any outstanding accounts. Deposits will only be refunded if the camp is cancelled by the school as a result of Queensland Health or Education Queensland directives.
Broadbeach State School actively promotes a broad curriculum which meets academic, social, physical, cultural and spiritual needs. The camping and excursion offerings are seen as valuable opportunities to:
· Promote independence and personal development
· Engage students in new experiences which may become future sporting or leisure pursuits
· Promote the development of healthy social and emotional relationships
· Encourage problem solving and initiative
· Integrate and extend on school based learning in Health and Physical Education
· Explore and develop leadership skills
What do we know about Bestbrook Mountain Resort?
Bestbrook Mountain Resort is a 2 hour journey by coach from the Gold Coast, located in Maryvale on the Cunningham Highway. The resort provides a bush experience away from the suburban lifestyle. Students will awake to the crisp morning air and watch the sun set over the magnificent landscape. The facility offers a range of flexible programs directly linked to the curriculum, producing high quality learning opportunities tailored for our students. Programs focus on:
· Team building