YEAR 5 CAMP
YEAR 5 CAMPS (23-27 MAY) have been postponed due to the recent weather.
The new dates are as follows:
- Camp 1 - Monday 10 October - Wednesday 12 October
- Camp 2 - Wednesday 12 October - Friday 14 October
We will be in touch closer to the activity to confirm numbers and depart/return times.
Broadbeach State School actively promotes a broad curriculum which meets academic, social, physical, cultural and spiritual needs. The camping and excursion offerings are seen as valuable opportunities to:
· Promote independence and personal development
· Engage students in new experiences which may become future sporting or leisure pursuits
· Promote the development of healthy social and emotional relationships
· Encourage problem solving and initiative
· Integrate and extend on school based learning in Health and Physical Education
· Explore and develop leadership skills
What do we know about Bestbrook Mountain Resort?
Bestbrook Mountain Resort is a 2 hour journey by coach from the Gold Coast, located in Maryvale on the Cunningham Highway. The resort provides a bush experience away from the suburban lifestyle. Students will awake to the crisp morning air and watch the sun set over the magnificent landscape. The facility offers a range of flexible programs directly linked to the curriculum, producing high quality learning opportunities tailored for our students. Programs focus on:
· Team building