Broadbeach State School will embrace an extended Queensland Mental Health Week (9-17 October) with a range of schol based activities from Monday 11 - Friday 22 October. During this time we will share our Healthy Minds Program with our parent and community, including our strong focus on The Zones of Regulation (blue, green, yellow and red zones) and the You Can Do It pillars (persistence, resilience, getting along, organisation and confidence).
We are very excited to have secured Petris Lapis, a renowned international speaker to present to both our staff and parent community. A special parent seminar will focus on the importance of balancing family, work and friendships in order to improve the quality of family life.
Wednesday 20 October 2021
6:30- 8:00 pm
The James Centre
This not to be missed seminar will explore:
- easy steps to enjoying a healthier work-life balance so your health, relationships and career can all have longevity
- practical skills and tips you can use every day to look after your well-being, have time for the people you care about and live in a healthier way
- simple ways you can improve your well-being including strategies for coping with the tough stuff at work and in life
- improving your capacity for self-empathy and self-awareness
- practical tools to recognise the symptoms of stress and take action early
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, limited places are available.
to register for this outstanding parent event or scan the QR Code below.