Term 3 Chess continues up until the end of Week 9. Chess Senior B ONLY - Due to Public Holidays and Student Free Day, make up lessons are Monday 7 September and Friday 18 September.
Term 4 invoices will be issued on Wednesday 2 September. If you do not wish your child to participate, please email Barb on firstname.lastname@example.org. Full payment due before Monday 5 October will be required before your child can commence classes.
Limited places are available in the Junior Chess and Senior Chess classes. If you would like your child to be considered for the program please contact Barb on email@example.com.
Chess Program in Term 4:
Junior Chess Program - Year 1 to Year 3 - Class 3S/3K
- Monday 7.30 – 8.30 am (8 weeks, commencing Monday 12 October $65.00)
- Thursday 7.30 – 8.30 am (8 weeks, commencing Thursday 15 October $65.00)
Senior Chess Program - Year 4 -to Year 6 – Lote room
- Monday 3.15 – 4.15 pm (8 weeks, commencing Monday 12 October $65.00)
- Friday 3.15 – 4.15 pm (8 weeks, commencing Friday 16 October $65.00)
At Broadbeach State School we conduct an extra-curricular Chess program.
Classes are tutored by either Toby Davies or Michael Goodman with a teacher aide supervising. Classes are offered on the above days and times.
is one of the most interesting sports because it never repeats itself, there
are never two equal matches, and it never bores you. You can even play it online!
Playing chess is fun, and teaches planning and foresight.
Chess has the following positive benefits:
- Increases problem-solving skills
- Improves spatial skills
- Improves memory
- Exercises both sides of the brain
- Increases creativity
- Improves concentration