The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS), is an independent, skills-based assessment program. ICAS recognises and rewards student achievement in areas such as English, Maths, Science, Spelling and Writing. The assessments are based on the curricula for the relevant year. Each assessment is designed to recognise academic excellence with students assessed on their ability to apply classroom learning to new contexts using higher-order thinking and problem-solving skills.
Assessments are offered as follows:
- Science: Years 2-6 [sitting date between Monday 17 and Friday 21 August]
- Writing: Years 3-6 (Year 3/4 Writing completed offline) [sitting date between Monday 17 and Friday 21 August]
- English: Years 2-6 [sitting date between Monday 24 and Friday 28 August]
- Mathematics: Years 2-6 [sitting date between Monday 31 August and Friday 4 September]
- Spelling: Years 2-6 [sitting date between Monday 31 August and Friday 4 September]
The tests are recommended for students consistently achieving A/B in English, Mathematics and Science given the level of rigor, time constraints and ability to work independently.
Prior to 2020, students enrolled in Academic Academy programs were automatically enrolled in ICAS assessments, which were part of the Academic Academy fee structure. This year there are no scheduled fees for students participating in Academic Academy programs. As such ALL students will be invoiced for EACH registered ICAS assessment.
To register your child click here
Thank you for lodging this registration by Friday 29 May 2020.
Registrations will be collated and invoices generated and sent to your nominated email address by Friday 5 June 2020.